I am looking for a loving gelding to join our family
Their main job will be hacking alone in a variety of environments from small country lanes to traffic, open fields, woods, bridle paths and beaches. Must be good with all types of traffic including large tractors/farm vehicles, also good with livestock (cows / sheep)
I hack for about an hour 5 times a week and it is quite active with plenty of trotting and cantering, going over banks, down the beach etc. I also have a lesson every other week
We will also do a bit of the following;
- Le trec
- Riding club
- X country
- Sponsored rides
- Possibly drag hunt too
All low level and only every now and again, I'm not looking for a competition horse just something able to go out and have a play
The gelding I am looking for must:
- Love a fuss and have a nice nature, no grumpy types or face pullers!
- Must have manners and be 100% to handle/good with farrier/box/clip/etc
- Must be comfortable to ride with smooth paces
- Not strong in any situation
- Not ploddy or the type that you need to kick kick kick to keep the canter going but not the type I need to hold back either, just a happy medium would be nice!
- No heavy weights
- No vices ridden or stable and not clingy, must happily come away from field companions and also be able to turn out/stable alone if need be
- Happy cantering in a group and the type to pull up and turn away from a cantering group if need be
- I have a joint condition and can no longer ride sharp flighty types, I am looking for a nice natured easy type just for lots of fun and loving!
- Sorry no greys (to many stable stains!) and nothing to young or green
Life long home offered in Jersey, lovely countryside to explore and plenty of beaches!
Please email with details first and I will come back to you
Budget up to £2500 if towards the south (will be lower if up north as transport home is high!) must include tack and rugs or budget will be lower also