- Irish Sports Horse
- 11 years
- 15 hands
- Truly Exceptional & Proven Successful 2023 British Children On Horses Youth Team Horse
- Fantastic Solid Contender for 2024 British Youth Team
- Extremely Intelligent, Kind & Genuine with The Biggest Heart and Willingness to Help Young Rider
A rare “once in a life time opportunity” to acquire an exceptional Unicorn that has made our dream come true in 2023! A fairytale story only made possible by this super special miracle horse!
In less than 1 year, Willow has helped a very inexperienced child rider (who has never jumped BS affiliated shows prior to Willow, never competed on ponies in BS Junior shows either) from unable to navigate 90cm British Novice track, to represent Great Britain as part of 2023 British Children On Horses Youth Team selection and Individual at 4 different FEI Nations Cups with great successes. Willow just kept going and with her huge heart, so willingly helping the inexperienced child rider around 1.30m track and never stopped trying for the child rider.
This exceptional horse not only helped the young child rider securing her first ever FEI International Win, but secured the only 2023 British Individual Gold at FEI Youth Nations Cup CoH classes. What an unbelievable achievement and remarkable result in just 1 year!
- April 23: child rider’s first time at Pony of The Year Show. Jumped very consistently and strongly over 3 days at Children on Horses viewing trial, finished 4th, 8th, 10th (result mixed with U16 older rider section).
- April 23: Youth Nations Cup British CoH Team selection at Compiegne, France: Double Clear
- May 23: Youth Nations Cup British CoH Individual at Lamprechtausen, Austria: individual Nations Cup in-between speed class win and an individual 2nd place
- June 23: Youth Nations Cup British CoH Team selection at Zuidwolde, The Netherlands: individual 12th place
- August 23: British Showjumping National Children on Horses Championship Final: 4th place
- August 23: Perlbergen, Kronenberg, Netherlands, Children on Horses European Grand Slam points league series: 4th, 9th and 10th
- August 23: Dielsdorf, Zurich Youth Masters Nations Cup Individual: 12th place
- British Showjumping National Children on Horses Spring/Summer points league table: 3rd place
Willow is truly one in a million! She is extremely talented, super intelligent, with the biggest heart any young rider can wish for, totally devoted and committed to try her best to help riders whenever she can, careful and most of all, super easy to do on the ground in all aspects.
Good to clip, load, travel, dentist, farrier, Physio, vet, easily settles calmly at stay away shows, good to hand graze, lunge, regularly use walker, aqua treadmill, dry treadmill, vita floor etc.
Willow’s ability, talent, potential and “keep trying” attitude makes her the perfect type for young riders to progress in Children on Horses classes. With professional’s support and consistent coaching, Willow will surely step up to compete in Juniors classes and World Ranking Classes in the future. However due to Willow’s petit height of 15 hands, there is also the high possibility for FEI pony measurement.
Willow is low mileage and has mainly ridden by children since 7 year old. At the time of POYS viewing trial and rider’s First Youth Nations Cup, Willow was still a Grade C horse with very low points. Evidently Willow will only improve further and progress up the ranks, her performance peak is yet to come.
Full history known and we are in contact with Willow’s breeder and previous family. Willow is a solid build Irish Sport Horse, who spent much of her 7 years of youth with her Mum at the breeder’s home. She has not been over jumped in young horse age classes and had the fortunate opportunity to enjoy her time to grow and mature, hence the super sweet temperament and well mannered easy horse she is. Only 1 Irish family owner before us, Willow was ridden by 12-14 year old brothers (previous rider in Irish Nations Cup Youth Team too).
Very sad sale of such a special dream horse, unfortunately the current child rider is having an operation in September and unable to ride for quite some time during recovery, will have to focus on academic commitment.
Looking for a special loving home for Willow to help another child progress and have fun. Ideally suited a family with strong financial budget, access to trusted knowledgeable support team with good coach / trainer that can help young rider both at home and at shows, a professional rider to help with schooling if child can’t commit riding during long school days to keep the horse fit and show ready.
Excellent Trial Facilities with Indoor and Outdoor arenas, located near Hickstead area.
Private direct sale, serious enquiries only via owner 07799390472.