Super horse and incredibly sad advert due to having a baby.
- Irish Draught
- 8 years
- 15.2 hands (LHC)
Beautiful Chestnut mare that is very well loved and has excelled any of my expectations of owning a horse. I have owned her since she was 2.5 years of age and she has provided me with such happiness and wonderful memories.
I would love her to be able to bring as much joy to someone else. I would much prefer her to find a suitable loan home for 12 months whilst I spend the year concentrating on being a Mummy. However, if there was the perfect home for her, I would consider selling her but like I say it is not really what I want to do as this is certainly my horse of a lifetime.
She is not a novice ride, she is a competition horse and has a very active brain and wants to be stimulated by going out competing. She loves the hustle and bustle of the busiest of shows and will up her game when there are more people watching her. She really does love the attention and certainly looks the part and is striking when out competing.
She is a very quick learner and will happily take on new challenges. She was ridden in a sidesaddle about 5 times before competing in the Nationals and won her class. Our instructor said that she was a natural at carrying the side saddle.
She has low mileage due to having a foal, me having spinal surgery and whilst I was pregnant. She will happily live in or out and on her own. She can be quite dominant in the field but this seems to be a lot better with maturity.
You can leave her for months and hop on and she is as good as if she is worked frequently. She has no lumps or bumps or ailments. She has low mileage due to her being an Irish Draught and slow to mature, before giving birth I never even considered the possibility of parting with her so wanted to take her slowly so that she lasted a lifetime.
She also had a foal which I have kept. I have never sold a horse before and am finding this very difficult to come to terms with. Like I say, I would prefer to loan her, but would consider selling her if the most perfect partner and home came to light.
||King of Diamond
|Dam of Mountain View
- 2013 - Multi-Champion and Supreme Champion Irish Draught at numerous Top Shows. Also Champion Midland Irish Draught Youngster as well as successful 3rd place at the National Irish Draught Championships. Within 2013 she achieved her Grade One at the Mares Inspections.
- 2014 - Qualified at her first Ridden County level show for the Small Hunters at the Royal International.
- 2015 - Put into foal. Attended the National Irish Draught in Ridden Small Irish Draught class, incredibly positive comments from the judges on Conformation and Ride. Also awarded champion Small Mare.
- 2016 - Foal at foot. Nottingham County Show - Second in the Hunter Class and Foal Won her class.
- 2017 - Prelim Dressage Champion at Unaffiliated level, Ashby Hunter Second Place with very positive comments from the Ridden judges. Also Side Saddle Newcomers Champion at the Nationals. Competed Freestyle Dressage at the Sidesaddle Nationals too. Completed many fun rides.
- 2018 - Showjumping, Working Hunter competitions.